WHO says 'additional case' of hantavirus reported in Netherlands

World News
22-05-2026 | 08:34
High views
Share
LBCI
Share
LBCI
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
print
WHO says 'additional case' of hantavirus reported in Netherlands
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
print
0min
WHO says 'additional case' of hantavirus reported in Netherlands

A member of the MV Hondius cruise ship crew who disembarked in Tenerife and was repatriated to the Netherlands was confirmed Friday as a new hantavirus case, the WHO said.

"Today, the Netherlands confirmed an additional case among a crew member who disembarked in Tenerife, was repatriated to the Netherlands and has been isolating since then," World Health Organization chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said Friday, adding that there were now 12 suspected and confirmed cases in total, including three deaths.



AFP
 

World News

WHO

Hantavirus

Netherlands

LBCI Next
Ebola risk upgraded to 'very high' in DR Congo: WHO chief
WHO Africa head warns against underestimating risk of Ebola spread
LBCI Previous
Download now the LBCI mobile app
To see the latest news, the latest daily programs in Lebanon and the world
Google Play
App Store
We use
cookies
We use cookies to make
your experience on this
website better.
Accept
Learn More